To protect human health and the
quality of Idaho’s air, land, and water.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
Protecting public health is our top priority. To ensure the safety of all Idahoans, we are committed to responding proactively and providing important resources related to drinking water, wastewater, solid waste, and air quality. We will update this information as it becomes available.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- News Release - Idaho Board of Environmental Quality schedules November meetings
- Funding Agency Training for Water and Wastewater Projects
- Source Water Protection Workshop: Ground Water 101
- News Release - DEQ to hold public informational meeting on draft air quality permit to construct for Midas Gold
- Public Comment Opportunity - Draft T1 Air Permit - Foam Molders Inc.
- Job Opening - Grant and Loan Officer - Drinking Water Protection & Finance Division, State Office, Boise
- News Release - DEQ seeks comment on draft Jervois Mining Limited point of compliance revision
- Public Comment Opportunity - Draft POC - Jervois Mining Limited
- Job Opening - Water Quality Analyst - Idaho Falls Regional Office
- Public Comment Opportunity - Draft Permit to Construct - Midas Gold - Boise