2020 Southwest Idaho Ground Water Quality Forum
Barber Park Education and Event Center. Photo provided by Ada County, 2019.
Ada County, in partnership with the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) and the American Planning Association (APA) Idaho Chapter, is hosting a ground water quality forum for local government officials and agency personnel. The forum will cover current ground water topics and include a facilitated discussion on ground water contamination and protection.
The forum will educate participants on the following topics:
- The health impacts of ground water contamination
- The extent of the problem in our region
- Potential sources of contamination
- The importance of source water protection
- Actionable solutions to address contamination and protect source water
- A Central Valley Grower Group's Effort to Protect Ground Water Quality
- Aquifer Protection District
- Ground Water Quality and Urban Growth
- Ground Water Quality Concerns and Nitrate Priority Areas
- Ground Water Quality Concerns in Southwest Idaho
- Health District Perspectives Land Development and Ground Water
- Health District Perspectives One Acre Policy
- Health District Perspectives Ground Water Quality in Canyon and WA Co.
- Health Effects of Ground Water Contaminants
- Source Water Protection Ordinance
- Treasure Valley Ground Water Protection
- Treasure Valley Model IDWR
- Treasure Valley Model USGS
- Well Construction Standards for Ground Water Protection
February 19, 2020
Continuing Education Credits
6.5 AICP CM credits will be available.