Protecting Public Health and the Environment.

DEQ seeks comment on proposed IPDES permit termination for the University of Idaho Aquaculture Research Laboratory

Monday, August 31, 2020

MOSCOW — The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) seeks comment on the proposed termination of the University of Idaho’s (U of I) Aquaculture Research Laboratory’s Idaho Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (IPDES) permit (ID0027154).

The U of I submitted a notice of intent to terminate discharge on June 30, 2020, for the Aquaculture Laboratory located at 1108 West Sixth St., Moscow, Idaho. The proposed permit termination acknowledges the removal of wastewater discharge to Paradise Creek and the rerouting to the U of I reuse facility.  

Written comments on the proposed permit termination will be accepted through September 28th, 2020, at 5 p.m. MST. The current permit and fact sheet are available for public review at DEQ’s state office (1410 N. Hilton St.), DEQ’s Lewiston Regional Office (1118 F St., Lewiston), and on DEQ’s website. A public meeting may be held, if requested in writing, by September 14th, 2020.

Comments and questions regarding this process should be directed to Jonathan Drygas. Comments should address water quality considerations, include supporting materials where available, and reference the U of I Aquaculture Research Laboratory and permit number (ID0027154).

Jonathan Drygas
Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
Surface & Wastewater Division
1410 N. Hilton St.
Boise, ID  83706
Email: Jonathan.Drygas@deq.idaho.gov

Please submit request for public meeting electronically on DEQs website, by mail, or email to Lori Flook.

Lori Flook
Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
Surface & Wastewater Division
1410 N. Hilton St.
Boise, ID  83706
Email: Lori.Flook@deq.idaho.gov

Public Comment Form

Fields marked with * are required.

Media Contact

IPDES Permit Writer
Jonathan Drygas
DEQ State Office